Services & Fees
As a notary public in Maine, I am allowed to perform weddings. I can request an “Officiate for a day” license in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Each state charges a fee for the special request.
What I offer to you
- Start with a free phone or video consultation
- Offer advice about applying for the marriage license
- Listen to your vision of your special day
- Describe all the ways I may be of service
- Outline the entire ceremony from the pre-processional to the recessional so you understand the big picture
- Offer a number of unique sample scripts influenced by your vision
- Discuss possible special additions to celebrate your union, i.e. a Celtic Handfasting, creating a love letter and wine box, the blending of sand ceremony etc.
- Offer lovely poems or readings to sweeten the ceremony
- Help you find ways to include people special to you in the ceremony
- Collaborate with both of you about the script so that every word is perfect
- Offer tips and sample vows to get your romantic juices flowing so you can write your own
- Continue to be available to you for any help or advice you may need
- Outline, organize, and facilitate the wedding rehearsal so that everyone knows their cues
- Communicate with the musicians, the wedding planner, the site coordinator, the photographers, the videographers, the readers, and anyone else involved in the ceremony
- Practice your ceremony over and over and over and over and over before your wedding
- Arrive at your wedding early to greet you and your family and friends, make any last minute adjustments, ensure all the “props” are in place, test the microphone, practice the ceremony one last time, check in with all the vendors
- Be a calm soul or rock for anyone needing an anchor
- Perform your wedding ceremony with LOVE!
- Ensure you and the witnesses sign the marriage license
- Congratulate you and your beloved and give you big hugs and best wishes before leaving the wedding
- Complete the marriage license and mail it in as soon as possible after the wedding
$400 – includes initial communication in-person or via phone, skype or facetime. I will craft the first draft of a script based on our interview with follow-up sessions with you perfecting each word. Writing a personalized story of your relationship and offering guidance with your vows if needed. If you want an added blending ritual, you can choose from a Celtic handfasting, a blending of sand ceremony or a love letter and wine box. (supplied for an additional fee.) Plus my support from start to finish.
$250 – for a simple wedding / elopement. This includes initial communication in-person or via phone, skype or facetime. I will craft the first draft of a script based on our interview with follow-up sessions with you perfecting each word. Plus my support from start to finish.
$100 – for being present at your rehearsal the day before the ceremony.
Additional fee if the wedding is more than 50 miles from Saco, ME.
I ask for a $50 deposit which you can pay online. Once I receive the deposit, I will send you a sample ceremony that we will go over together. You can add, subtract or change any part of it.
Thank you for including me in your wedding and I hope you will review my services!